We love awards! Thank you so much!
Okay you all know the drill, but if you are new here, the rules are simple. Please put your answers in the comments section of the post and we will reveal the answers tomorrow morning. I trust that all of you will all use the honor system? That means you will not use Google, (or any other internet searches) or mooch off other peoples answers. There may be? a prize, but I don’t want to give away the ending!
Todays Trivia Game brought to you by our beloved: Steve C., From: Dazd and Confuzed From Here.
1.What are the Hogwarts house names?
Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, Slytherin
2.What is the name of the wizarding bank?
3.What is Hagrid’s first name?
4.Who teaches Potions at Hogwarts?
5.What are Harry’s parents names?
James and Lily
6.What do you get with chocolate frogs?
7.Who are the four founders of Hogwarts?
Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, Salazar Slytherin, Godric Gryffindor
8.What is the name of the wizarding newspaper?
9.Who is the Prisoner of Azkaban?
10.What is Voldemort’s real name?
Tom Marvolo Riddle
11. What are the three types of balls used in Quidditch?
The Quaffle, the Bludger and the Golden Snitch.
12. What color is the Gryffindor Quidditch robes?
The Gryffindor Quidditch robes are scarlet.
13. When is Harry’s birthday?
14. Of what materials is Harry’s wand made?
Holly and a phoenix feather.
15. What kind of creature is Norbert the Norwegian Ridgeback?
Â A dragon
16.What was Hagrid’s gift to Harry after Harry survived his encounter with Quirrell and the Sorcerer’s Stone?
A photo album with pictures of Harry’s parents.
17.Who is Harry’s “biggest fan” during his second year at Hogwarts?
18. Whose idea was the Chamber of Secrets, which was rumored to contain the power that would get rid of all the Muggles at Hogwarts?
19.What house at Hogwarts does Harry belong to?
20.How did Harry get the scar on his forehead?
Lord Voldemort killed Harry’s parents when he was a baby and tried to kill Harry.
Have fun! Don’t Cheat! Cheating is bad mmmkay?
Just one more thing… if you ever wondered what Harry Potter in “Da’ Hood” might look like…. WATCH THIS!!
Try more like Saving My Ass, from ever watching that again. Okay, okay, that might not be all that fair. That may have been a little harsh. I love Holly Hunter. I do. I think she could stand to eat a sandwich, and pack on a few pounds like normal a human being, instead of suffering from the Olsen Syndrome, but that’s neither here nor there when it comes to her acting capabilities. Holly Hunter has graced the big screen in several fantastic roles such as these. I also find it amazing that someone who never watches television is now the leading role of this new dramatic series on TNT.
However, Saving Grace, is not my bag. Not. Even. A. Little.
Okay, okay, so that’s not really true either. The detective aspect is hot. The over sexed, stereotypical drunk (as in slugging Jack Daniels straight from the bottle) yet manages to stay a brilliant detective. The single member of the police force that can crack a case with the smallest piece of evidence, and stay awake for days, has not been done to death, by a women.
But…why? Did they have to ruin it all? With that angel, sent from G-d above. Not just any angel either. No. They decided on an aging, homeless looking, tobacco chewing angel. I am guessing that was an effort to appease the “bible belt” target audience?
And, what exactly is so wrong with her character that she needs to be granted one last chance to redeem herself, pa-leeze. So she drinks too much and has way too much sex. On the flip side, she’s a great Aunt, and catches the real criminals that roam the streets. Oh wait, there was that scene when she did run over that pedestrian in the middle of the road while driving drunk, rendering him dead. Oh, I get it. She needs to be saved to get into heaven. Right?
Yeah, I am all for religion, if that’s what gets you through your day. I am all for g-d and heaven and rainbows and unicorns, but I don’t want to watch a television show about it. This is a PASS for me.
With my back was against the wall. What was I supposed to do? Â Â I could only choose one. Â Umâ€¦.when exactly did Monday’s become one of the best nights on Television?
Normally we don’t “do movies” over here, but when one of the stars from Welcome Back Kotter lands on the silver screen, we must take notice and at least mention such news. That’s right…Vinnie Barbarino otherwise known as John Travolta, gets raves reviews for his role as Edna Turnblad in HairSpray, The Movie.
How did one of the sexiest leading men feel about dressing up as Edna Turnblad? In his own words:
“I can say being Edna was fun, but becoming Edna was not fun,â€ says Travolta. “I loved the effect the look had on people when they would see me on set as Edna, but I did not love the process involving the prosthetics and the fat suit. It was very uncomfortable and very hot. It was like wearing seven layers of very uncomfortable clothing, and I remember thinking I would never want to be a woman if that was the case.”
[Like singing to the choir. If only he really knew what it took to actually dress up like a woman every day.]
Will you watch it? Have you watched it? If so, please let us know your review in the comments!
Other excellent movies Travolta has starred in over the years:
“Saturday Night Feverâ€, “Urban Cowboyâ€, “Carrieâ€ and “Blowout.â€ Heâ€™s was nominated for an Academy Award for his riveting performance of a hit-man in Quentin Tarantinoâ€™s “Pulp Fictionâ€ and won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor for his delivery – the ultra cool Chili Palmer, in “Get Shorty.â€
Our Regular scheduled programming will return tomorrow.
Pot Luck Stew! A Trivia Game:
By: Steve C., From: Dazd and Confuzed From Here.
1. What TV show lost Jim Carrey when he stepped into the movies? In Living Color.
2. Who plays a paleontologist on Friends? David Schwimmer.
3. What classic quiz show was originally titled Occupation Unknown? What’s My Line?
4. How many fingers does Homer Simpson have? 8
5. What sitcom character moved from a Boston barstool to a Seattle radio station? Dr. Frasier Crane.
6. What M*A*S*H principal won Emmys for acting, writing and directing? Alan Alda.
7. What cable network drew twice its usual audience for a show called The Wonderful World of Dung? The Discovery Channel
8. What sitcom spawned the hit song I’ll Be There For You? Friends
9. What MTV twosome are known as “The Bad Boys” in Mexico? Bevis n Butthead
10. What Indianapolis weatherman of the 1970s once forecast hail “the size of canned hams”? David Letterman
11. What sitcom helped John Larroquette earn three straight supporting actor Emmy Awards? Night Court.
12. What Marx Brother’s name spelled backwards is the name of a daytime talk show host? Harpo’s.
13. What sitcom was among the top 20 most watched shows every season during its entire run, form 1984 to 1992? Cosby Show
14. What former TV anchorman made headlines by attending two Grateful Dead concerts? Walter Cronkite.
15. What animated kitty was the first cartoon character licensed for use on merchandise? Felix the Cat
16. What’s the “dimension of imagination, “according to the host of a classic TV series? The Twilight Zone
17. Who appeared in Return of the Killer Tomatoes before he landed a role on ER? George Clooney.
I CANT BELIEVE
NO ONE, only one person, GUESSED ANY OF THESE! (ya know …like, put your answers… in the comments) ( THE ANSWERS WILL BE UP IN THE MORNING). Are Posted. (I though these would be easy).
I just love it when two of my favorite comedic TV stars land on the big screen! Itâ€™s guaranteed to be worth that second mortgage I will need to finance the purchase of movie theater tickets. I donâ€™t expect these two will disappoint!
P Ladies’ man, Chuck Levine (Adam Sandler) and single father Larry Valentine (Kevin James) are
Ladies’ man, Chuck Levine (Adam Sandler) and single father Larry Valentine (Kevin James) are
Watch The Apple Trailer: HERE!